Police Beat — March 3

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• An unknown person or persons committed theft Monday between 5:30 and 5:45 p.m., by stealing a cell phone from the Taco Bell counter in the Memorial Union, on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.
  • A 37-year-old female ASU staff member reportedly left her cell phone at the Taco Bell counter and walked away, police reported.

The next person in line, described as a white male, took the phone and walked away in an unknown direction, after telling the Taco Bell manager it was his, according to a report.

The man was also described as 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, short black, spiky hair, and dark eyes, according to police.

• A 45-year-old man was arrested at West Rio Salado Parkway and South Ash Avenue on Monday around 4 a.m., on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, according to a police report.
  • The man was pulled over after a registration check of his vehicle revealed that his license plates were not valid for highway use, police reported.

The passenger in the vehicle, a 46-year-old woman, was also arrested on an outstanding Tempe City Court warrant, according to a report.

The man was cited and released, according to police.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft Thursday, between 2:30 and 2:35 p.m., by stealing a cell phone from the gym in the Vista del Sol residential complex on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.
  • The phone, which belonged to a 19-year-old undergraduate man, was left in a cubby at the gym and is estimated to be worth $100, police reported.

There is a surveillance camera in the area of the cubby but there are no known leads, suspects, or witnesses at this time, according to a report.

• A 20-year-old undergraduate was arrested Feb. 23 around 6:40 p.m., on suspicion of disorderly conduct, according to a police report.
  • The man was fighting at the Hassayampa Academic Complex Phase Two residential complex on the Tempe campus, and after he was arrested, investigation revealed that he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Mesa, police reported.

The man was cited and released for the disorderly conduct charge and released on bond for the Mesa warrant, according to a report.

Reports compiled by Nicholas Palomino Mendoza. Reach the reporter at npmendo@asu.edu