Police Beat: Sept. 20

Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested around 11 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs for sale and being in possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.A search warrant served at the man’s apartment on the 1500 block of North Scottsdale Road in Tempe revealed 100 pills of ecstasy, according to a police report.

Police also discovered drug paraphernalia related to marijuana, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to a report.

• A 21-year-old Chandler man was arrested at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of theft, police reported.The man is accused of stealing three Macbook laptops from a residence on the 1800 block of East Hermosa Drive in Tempe, according to a police report.

Two witnesses who shared a cab with the man on Aug. 21 told police the man had three laptops in his backpack, police reported.

After he was arrested, the man told police he was innocent, and another person in the cab with him had taken a laptop and a PS3 from the residence, according to a report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released, police reported.

• A 19-year-old Mexican citizen was arrested around 5 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs for sale, police reported.A police investigation revealed the man had delivered 20 pounds of methamphetamine to a West Phoenix residence, according to a police report.

The man was contacted and arrested near 75th Avenue and Interstate 10 in Phoenix, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held, according to a report.

• A 33-year-old Tempe man was arrested around 6 p.m. Tuesday on suspicion of shoplifting, drinking alcohol in public and littering, police reported.The man was seen by store employees at a Circle K near East University Drive and South McClintock Drive in Tempe taking a can of beer and sunglasses from the store, according to a police report.

A clerk at the store told police he saw the man drink the beer in front of the store, and threw the empty beer can on the ground before fleeing on a city bus, police reported.

The man was found on the bus near 2000 E. Rio Salado Parkway and arrested, according to a report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by Matt Hendley. Reach the reporter at mhendley@asu.edu