Police find cocaine, marijuana after brawl

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 25-year-old man from Apache Junction was arrested Sunday at Mill Avenue and University Drive on suspicion of disorderly conduct and marijuana, narcotics and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.The man was fighting with another man when officers pulled them apart, police reported. The man said he started to punch the other man after he saw him push a woman, according to the report.Both men were transported to Tempe City Jail where a search revealed the man had marijuana, rolling papers, cocaine and a pipe in his right pocket, police reported.

The man was booked and held to see a judge on the disorderly conduct charge and released pending the other charges, according to the report.

• A 58-year-old man was arrested Saturday at Mill Avenue and University Drive on suspicion of marijuana and narcotics possession, according to a police report.The man was standing outside a restaurant when a security agent called the police and said the man was possibly selling drugs, police reported.When officers approached the man, they saw white powder around his right nostril, according to the report.

The man said he was on medication and sometimes “snorted” it, police reported. The man showed the officers two pill bottles with his name, according to the report.

Officers found a pill that did not match the label inside one of the bottles, and the man said he did not have a prescription, police reported.

Officers performed a search and found marijuana in a bag inside of the man’s left sock, according to the report. The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza.

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu