Thanksgiving is over, finals are here, holiday music is inescapable and today marks the first day of December; the holiday season is officially here.
Finals, food, decorating, gift giving, parties and a new holiday dress seem to be the trends of this month; if only my bank account could triple in value.
Every girl loves finding the perfect dress for the season; but to only wear once? As a college student on a budget I can’t afford to wear a dress only once.
I have put together a guide on how to wear and style one holiday dress a number of times with multiple looks. Enjoy.
First and foremost you must find a simple and fabulous dress. in a simple color that can match a number of things. A solid color, with one texture is preferable.
How to dress it down
1. Style your dress down by wearing a cargo or denim jacket over it; another option could be a sweater over it that could give a cute look.
2. Shoes- Wear a pair of boots with the dress. If they are ankle boots try pairing them with a cute pair of socks.
3. Accessories- Tone down the accessories a bit. Wear a long simple necklace, and simple earrings.
How to dress it up
1. If you are going to need a jacket chose faux fur or something fancy
2. Shoes- Wear a fun pair of heels, or heeled boots. Socks and heels is also a big trend this season, so find a cute pair of mary jane lace socks to pair if you’re feeling daring
3. Wear tights! Find a simple pair of black tights, or maybe some fun glitter or lace tights to dress it up.
4. Accessories- Use accessories to make your simple dress not so simple. Find statement pieces that shines for the holidays.
5. Make-up- Take the time to give yourself smoky eyes, or use a bold lipstick to really stand out.
If you have any story ideas feel free to contact me and email@example.com.