Man arrested on suspicion of drunk driving

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 26-year-old California man was arrested Saturday at East Gammage Parkway and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of aggravated driving under the influence, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, refusing to provide a truthful name and failing to comply with officers, according to a police report.

The man almost struck a police vehicle with his own car after disobeying the signals of a police officer directing traffic, police reported.

After confronting the driver, police instructed him to pull his car over and turn it off, according to the report.

He had bloodshot, watery eyes, and his breath smelled of alcohol, police reported.

The man’s license was suspended for a previous DUI, according to the report.

Police impounded the man’s vehicle, police reported. The suspect was later released on his own recognizance, according to the report.

A 28-year-old man was arrested Sunday at East University Drive and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.

An officer saw the man’s vehicle make a wide left turn, police reported.

The officer pulled the vehicle over in a residential area, according to the report. When the officer asked the driver to roll down his window, he opened the door instead, police reported.

The officer noticed that the man seemed confused and had a difficult time locating his papers, according to the report.

The officer detected the smell of alcoholic beverages emanating from the vehicle, police reported. When asked how much he had to drink that night, the man replied, “Like two,” according to the report.

The man told police there was no reason he could not pass a sobriety test, police reported. When asked where he was on a scale of 1-10, he said he was at a three, according to the report.

The man’s vehicle was impounded, and he was transported to the ASU Police station in Tempe, police reported.

Police are investigating the theft of an iPhone from the Sun Devil Fitness Complex on Saturday, according to a police report.

The phone’s owner said she left her iPhone and other miscellaneous belongings in a locker in the women’s locker room without securing it with a lock, police reported.

When she returned several hours later, the iPhone was missing, though no other property was taken, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Randsom Rockliffe.

Reach the reporter at rrocklif@asu.edu or on Twitter @RRockliffe