Pac-12 power rankings: Women’s basketball tournament seeding still up in the air entering final weekend

1. Stanford (26-2, 15-1 Pac-12)

The Cardinal have wrapped up the top seed in the Pac-12 Tournament and appear to be on their way to a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament barring a big upset against the Washington schools or in the Pac-12 Tournament the following week.

2. California (20-7, 12-4 Pac-12)

The Golden Bears have been consistently good this year but have not had a true signature win despite facing four top-five teams this season. A couple more wins would help cement Cal’s spot in the tournament.

3. ASU (22-6, 11-5 Pac-12)

After three straight losses, the Sun Devils appeared to be heading downhill. But back-to-back wins over the mountain schools has kept ASU in serious tournament talks.

4. Oregon State (19-9, 11-5 Pac-12)

A surprising team, the Beavers are trying to play themselves into the NCAA Tournament for the first time since the 1995-96 season. If the Beavers can sweep their series with the Arizona schools, they will find themselves as the third seed in the Pac-12 Tournament and avoid Stanford until the finals.

5. USC (16-12, 9-7 Pac-12)

Are the Trojans fading away? USC is currently riding a three-game losing streak and has lost six of its last eight games to fall in the standings. A big final weekend on the road will help decide the Women of Troy’s postseason fate.

6. Washington (17-11, 9-7 Pac-12)

Helped by a win over then-No. 3 Stanford, the Huskies have a difficult Northern California road trip in front of them to try to earn a first-round bye in the Pac-12 Tournament.

7. Washington State (15-13, 9-7 Pac-12)

The Cougars have fallen off considerably after their hot start in conference play. WSU started out as a possible dark horse but has turned into a middle of the road team in the conference.

8. Colorado (15-12, 5-11 Pac-12)

With such high expectations heading into the year, the Buffaloes have had no luck living up to them. Still, with a winning record, Colorado may still have the postseason in some form in their minds, but they will have to finish out strong.

9. Oregon (13-14, 4-12 Pac-12)

The run-and-gun Ducks have been an exciting offensive team to watch this season, but a lack of defense has taken some of the quack out of them. After losing five straight games, the only thing the girls from Eugene have to play for is playing spoiler for ranked teams, beginning Friday when ASU visits Matthew Knight Arena.

10. UCLA (12-16, 6-10 Pac-12)

The Bruins haven’t been able to get momentum all year, earning back-to-back wins just twice on the season.

11. Utah (11-16, 4-12 Pac-12)

Senior forward Michelle Plouffe can’t do everything. The Utes haven’t been able to repeat their success from last season and have fallen to the bottom of the Pac-12 in their star’s final year.

12. UA (5-22, 1-15 Pac-12)

The Wildcats beat ASU a couple weeks ago. That’s their season.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @Tonis_The_Tiger