Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested on suspicion of two counts of forgery on the 5000 block of South McClintock Drive at approximately 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.

The man attempted to cash a $650 check at the Bank of America at that location, police reported.

The bank recognized that the signature on the check was different than the signature of the account holder and made an inquiry about it, according to the police report.

The account holder confirmed that he had not written the check and police were notified, police reported.

The man was detained and admitted that he had purchased two checks in the victim’s name, one of which he had cashed at a separate Bank of America, according to the report.

The victim confirmed that he did not know the suspect and that he did not write either of the checks, police reported.

The man was booked and held at Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old Mesa man and a 24-year-old Buckeye woman were arrested on suspicion of using an artifice to remove property at the 5000 block of South AZ Mills Circle at approximately 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.

The woman was observed at a department store removing security sensors off of several items by submerging the sensors in a cup of water and clipping them off with wire cutters, police reported.

During this, the male suspect was pacing back and forth in the store, serving as a lookout, police reported.

Once she removed the sensors, she hid the items that totaled $389.92 in her purse and exited the store with the man, according to the report.

The woman admitted to the shoplifting, but denied removing the sensors, police reported.

Both suspects were sent to Tempe City Jail, where they were processed and then sent to county jail, according to a report.

• A 32-year-old Mesa man was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and prescription-only drugs at the 1600 block of East Don Carlos Avenue at approximately 10 a.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.

The man was investigated after riding his bike down the wrong side of the road, police reported.

The investigation revealed the man was in possession of methamphetamines, Spice, a needle with a syringe, a marijuana pipe and the prescription drug Meclizine, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released, according to the police report.

×