Police Beat: Oct. 5

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 27-year-old Tempe man was arrested Friday at 200 East Fifth Street on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.The man was observed smoking marijuana on a bus platform by a security officer, according to the report.When contacted by police, the man said he had marijuana and a marijuana pipe in his front pocket, police reported.

A records check on the man revealed two outstanding warrants from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office for possession of dangerous drugs and the Lake Pleasant Justice Court for driving on a suspended driver’s license, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City jail where he was booked on the above charges, held to see a judge on the outstanding warrants and released pending the drug charges, according to the report.

• A 39-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Thursday at 2045 E. Orange St. on suspicion of burglary in the third degree, according to a police report.The woman walked through an unsecured chain link gate into a residential yard, according to the report. The woman then removed approximately $21 worth of recyclable aluminum cans from a container on the property, police reported.The owner of the container confronted the woman when she walked back into an alley next to the residence and told the woman she could not take the cans, according to the report.

When questioned, the woman said she was told she could remove the cans for an unpaid debt, police reported.

The woman was booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 29-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Friday at 2000 S. Mill Ave. on suspicion of presenting a forged prescription, according to a police report.After the woman presented a prescription for oxycodone to a Walgreens’ pharmacist, the prescription’s physician was contacted, police reported. The physician confirmed the prescription was forged and the woman was not a patient, according to the report.The woman told police she was approached by an unknown person to make money by filling prescriptions in her name and delivering to the unknown person, according to the report.

The woman admitted she knew her actions were wrong, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports complied by Caitlin Cruz. Reach the reporter at crcruz1@asu.edu

×