Police Beat: Oct. 7

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 37-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Sunday at 1814 E. Apache Blvd. on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The arresting officer was assisting Gilbert Police on an unrelated shoplifting incident when the officer made contact with the woman, according to the report.

The officer said, “a meth pipe and bong were in view” underneath the bed, police reported. When asked if the woman had any drugs or drug paraphernalia on her person, she stated she had a meth pipe and straw in her purse, according to the report.

A search of the woman’s bag, which she identified as her own, yielded a glass meth pipe with burned residue as well as a blue plastic straw with two “mostly, empty, small plastic baggies,” according to the report.

The ‘baggies’ did contain a useable quantity of a white crystal substance the officer identified as methamphetamine, according to the report.

The woman was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 59-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Saturday at 5100 S. McClintock Drive on suspicion of theft of a credit card and fraudulent use of a credit card, according to a police report.

A cart was left unattended in the parking lot of Fry’s Marketplace with a customer’s purse in it, police reported.

Working as a door greeter, the woman found the purse, removed three credit cards from the purse and proceeded to conduct seven fraudulent transactions including a Redbox DVD rental and a vending machine inside the store using two of the credit cards, according to the report.

The woman was seen on the store’s surveillance camera conducting the fraudulent transactions on two separate occasions, police reported.

The woman admitted to finding the unattended purse in a shopping cart in the parking lot, and to fraudulently using two of the credit cards from the unattended purse, according to the report.

The woman’s arrest status was listed as “booked felony in custody,” according to the report.

• A 31-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Friday at 2124 E. Wildermuth Ave. on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

An investigation of a drug activity report revealed the woman was in possession of a useable quantity of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia, according to the report.

The woman was transported, booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

×