Cruise Into Flight Lounge

Photo courtesy Flight Lounge.
Photo courtesy Flight Lounge.

Old Town Scottsdale’s newest addition is not your average bar and grill. If you’re looking for a laidback but sophisticated place to stop in for a small bite and glass of wine on a romantic date, Flight Lounge + Bistro may be the answer to your prayers.

Raven Valdes, managing partner of Flight Lounge, says the classy-wine-bar atmosphere combined with a friendly staff will make it a great start to any evening.

Flight Lounge’s by-the-glass wine options start at $8; they are also offering $4 beers and $10 specialty cocktails. Their specialty cocktails follow the aviation theme, with drink titles such as Cloud #9, Amelia Pearheart, Mile High Martini and the Kitty Hawk.

An Amelia Pearheart may be the ideal start to your evening with sweet muddled pear, Grey Goose Poire and some contrasting sour mix. The Cloud #9 is a perfect after-dinner drink with Godiva, Bailey’s, Chambord, Frangelico, half and half and raspberry pinnacle vodka. For a more unique cocktail experience try the lounge’s variation on the classic Bloody Mary called When Pigs Fly, with bacon-infused vodka.

Happy hour is daily from 4-7 p.m., and features $5 house wines and select cocktails. If you’re searching for a stop on your girl’s night out, Flight Lounge has a special for ladies on Thursday nights with half off select wines by the glass and martinis.

The menu at Flight Lounge consists of international tapas items, with appetizers such as an olive assortment for $6 and salads for $8. For a larger meal option they offer paninis for $10. The herb-roasted chicken panini with arugula, feta cheese and roasted red peppers will pair perfectly with a glass of pinot noir. For vegetarians, the lounge offers an ooey-gooey combination of sharp cheddar, slightly nutty fontina, buttery gruyere and fresh tomato panini.

Similar to other local wine bars, Flight lounge will be providing a deal on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during which diners can buy a bottle of wine and four bruschetta slices for a steal at just $20. Even if wine isn’t your proverbial cup of tea, their adventurous dessert menu may be worth the stop, with daily rotating treats such as a rocky road brownie for only $6.

The lounge is also providing live music for guests with either a DJ or jazz trio, which can be enjoyed inside on a plush velvet booth or outside on their large patio. The in-flight décor is comfortable, with warm wooden tones on the walls and floor, yet contemporary with overhead red lighting.

Thursday through Sunday the lounge will be open until 2 a.m., perfect for both an early and late crowd.

“Guests will be welcome early and stay late and enjoy Scottsdale the way it used to be, offering a little something for everyone,” Valdes says.

Flight Lounge had their soft opening for friends and family last week on Feb. 9. But the grand opening for the public and the media is on Saturday, March 3 at 4 p.m. 

If you go…

Flight Lounge + Bistro

4252 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale

Open Tuesday-Wednesday 4 p.m.- 11 p.m., Thursday-Sunday 4 p.m.-2 a.m.

FlightLoungeAZ.com

Contact the reporter at cavohs@asu.edu

×