Now, more than ever, the entire world is connected through social networking sites. It is now easier for companies and organizations to express more personal opinions rather than simply using these sites as marketing tools, bringing a perspective to media that was previously unseen.

Thursday morning, Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey wrote on his official Twitter account about the league-wide surprise player of the week, Jeremy Lin.

“We should have kept @jlin7,” he tweeted. “Did not know he was this good. Anyone who says they knew misleading U.”

He continued to praise the New York Knicks’ rising star.

“Finally, really happy for @jlin7,” Morey wrote. “Very hard working, nice, & humble. He has a great, great future.”

Morey is one of the most active Twitter users among NBA front office executives.

He fielded an array of questions from fans, with topics ranging from the status of first round draft pick Marcus Morris to the difference between the team’s slow start and current level of production.

In an age where seemingly anything is available with the click of a mouse, swipe of a finger or touch of a trackpad, it’s refreshing to see high-level executives connecting with fans in a personal way.

×