Track to send four athletes to Jim Click Multis

The ASU track team will send its multi-event athletes to Tucson this weekend to compete in the Jim Click Multis.

The Sun Devils have only four athletes in competition, but coach Greg Kraft believes this meet is crucial to the rest of the team’s season.

“We want to assess where we are in all of our events,” Kraft said. “Daley Thompson said it best when he called the decathlon (as) 'having ten mistresses, and if you ignore one, there is hell to pay.' Maybe that's not the right analogy, but it gives you an idea of what you have been cheating on in practice. Our plan is to take all of those guys to the Pac-12 meet, so we just want to get an assessment of where we are.”

The Sun Devils will send seniors Jamie Sandys and Austin Prince and redshirt junior Jeremy Marcinko to compete in the decathlon, while junior Keia Pinnick will compete in the heptathlon.

The rest of the ASU team has the week off as they prepare for the biggest home meet of the year, the Sun Angel Classic.

Reach the reporter at dsshapi1@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×