ASU Police reported the following incident Thursday:

• A 21-year-old man was arrested Friday night at 600 East University Drive on suspicion of assault, according to a report.Police arrived at the Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building IV and found a frightened woman crying, police reported.The woman told police the 21-year-old man sat next to her on the light rail and began to talk to her, according to the report.She told police she felt uncomfortable and switched seats, but he followed her, police reported.

The man followed her off the light rail and began to talk to her again, according to the report.

He asked to shake her hand and told her she had a firm handshake, police reported.

The woman said the man asked her to hit him to know if he was a man, according to the report.

The woman said no several times and continued to walk toward the ISTB IV building, police reported.

Woman told police the man got close to her and put his hands in the air like airplane wings, according to the report.

The man asked the woman if she would hit him in self-defense, police reported.

The man put both his hands on her shoulders three times, according to the report.

She ran to the closest emergency call box and then told police she thought she was going to be harmed, police reported.

Police drove her to the 600 block of East University Drive to identify the man, police reported.

The man told police he was never on the light rail and was dropped off by his friend near the Tempe campus, according to the report.

He provided police his friend’s phone numbers and both numbers were disconnected, police reported.

He was asked if he had been drinking and said no, according to the report.

A Breathalyzer test showed he had alcohol in his system, according to the report.

The man was arrested, transported and booked at the ASU Police Station, police reported.

Reach the reporter at thaniab@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×