Has Pau Gasol played his last game in a Lakers uniform?

After another disappointing postseason, there is a very strong chance Los Angeles could move the three-time All-Star over the summer.

Lakers fans have grown tired of Gasol’s lack of production over the past two seasons. Gasol’s virtual no-show in the second round last season against the Dallas Mavericks was understandable, since he cited fatigue from a continuous chain of lengthy seasons and several rumors had broken out saying he was dealing with girlfriend drama. Then, his slump carried on to the 2011-12 regular season. Gasol blamed those struggles on the trade rumors involving his name.

After disappearing again in the Lakers’ 4-1 series loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second round this season, I can’t imagine what Gasol’s excuse would be.

Gasol’s contributions to the Lakers’ 2009 and 2010 NBA titles will forever be remembered in Lakerland, but if the Lakers weren’t such a storied franchise – with high expectations – Gasol would probably get another chance.

There’s no telling who exactly Lakers fans want at this point, but their message is clear: get Pau Gasol out of L.A.

×