Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 30-year-old Mesa man was arrested at the intersection of 7th Street and Mill Avenue in the early morning of June 24 on suspicion of disorderly conduct and reckless display of a firearm, according to a police report.The man was with two other men near 154 W. 5th St. when the man became upset with the other two for "talking s---," according to police.

The man then went to his car, retrieved a black and chrome semi-automatic handgun and approached the men with the gun at his side, police said.

One of the other men had a gun in a holster, according to police.

When the other man informed the man he also had a gun, the man fled in his car, police said.

The man was stopped and his car was searched by police officers near the intersection of 7th Street and Mill Avenue, according to police.

Upon searching the man's car, the police officers found the gun described by the other two men, police said.

The man admitted to owning the gun, but said he did not retrieve the gun from his car and approach the other men with it, according to police.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge.

• A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested at the 2400 block of South Mill Avenue in the morning of June 25 on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of narcotics and possession of dangerous drugs, according to a police report.The man and a female friend called police and said they might be sick and have worms on their body, police said.

When police arrived at the man's apartment, the man answered the door with a syringe behind his right ear and gave consent for police to perform a safety check of his apartment, according to police.

Upon searching the man's bedroom, police found used and clean needles, balloons of heroin, baggies of cocaine, crushed pain killer pills, a scale and other drug paraphernalia, police said.

The man said all the found items were his and that he had used them the night before, according to police.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and released pending drug charges.

Reach the reporter at dgrobmei@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.

×