The Campus Closet: Vintage treasures in downtown Phoenix

Funky, local and one-of-a-kind world traveler Misty Guerriero has taken vintage to a whole new level with her shop featuring items from the 60s to the early 90s.

Her shop is located in downtown Phoenix, a few blocks from the ASU downtown campus. The store is filled with unique, adorning and every occasion-inspired finds from Israel, Paris and everywhere in between.

Misty originally started off as an interior designer where she found her love for vintage treasures. Her closet was full of vintage pieces she would flaunt out in the world. People fell in love with her style and started offering her money for some of the pieces she would put together.

This gave her the idea to open her own store.

Not interested in having buyers, she individually picks each item from the different places she travels.

Vintage clothing is not all you will find here. She has jewelry, furniture and even a cocktail bar in the back. Missoni fabric is her latest addition; she makes beautiful custom pillows out of it.

Every piece in Vintage by Misty has a story behind it and has traveled through many decades and places. How exciting is it to know you are wearing a piece that has been worn by fashionistas years prior? Cultures and creativity come together in this tiny space–what a wonderful place to be inspired. Next time you are in the downtown area be sure to check it out.

Inside are various styles of international pieces. Photos by Gabrielle Nelson

Do you have ideas for what I should check out next? Email me at Gabrielle.M.Nelson@asu.edu

×