Man arrested after trying to evade police

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday at Lemon Street and Rural Road on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers started following the man when he left as a passenger in a vehicle after seeing police, police reported.

Police followed the vehicle through two apartment complexes before it pulled into a dead-end parking lot, according to the report.

Police stopped the vehicle when they realized there was no license plate light, police reported.

Officers felt several lumps in his pockets during a routine weapons search, according to the report.

The search revealed the lumps were plastic baggies and a pill bottle, both of which contained marijuana, police reported.

The man told police there was a total of eight grams of marijuana between the pill bottle and the bags, according to the report.

Police found a scale with marijuana residue under the passenger seat after a K-9 search, police reported.

The man said he purchased the scale because he didn’t want people to “rip him off,” according to the report.

He said he had purchased the marijuana 30 minutes prior to his encounter with police from a drug dealer at Lemon Street and Terrace Road, police reported.

Police found white rolling papers in his wallet, according to the report.

The man was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday at University Drive and River Drive on suspicion of marijuana possession and being in possession of a firearm while in possession of illegal drugs, according to a police report.

Officers arrested the man after stopping his vehicle because it had white lights in the back, police reported.

The officer noticed a black holster with a semi-automatic handgun next to the driver, according to the report.

Officers noticed an odor of marijuana when the man exited his vehicle, police reported.

Police found a container with marijuana in the man’s left pocket, according to the report.

The man said he purchased the marijuana for $10 and said he didn’t know it was illegal to have a firearm while in possession of illegal drugs, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released for possession of marijuana and for having a firearm while being in possession of an illegal drug, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Ana Ramirez. Reach the reporter at amrami13@asu.edu

×