Man arrested on suspicion of driving his friends’ vehicle under the influence

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sept. 30 on East Lemon Street on suspicion of driving under the influence, minor in consumption, driving without a license or vehicle registration and driving without headlights, according to a police report.

An officer pulled the man over on Terrace and Rural roads after noticing the man’s vehicle didn’t have headlights, according to the report.

The officer asked the man for his license and registration, which he did not have, police reported.

The man told police he was driving a friend’s vehicle and did not have his license with him, according to the report.

Police smelled alcohol on the man’s breath and noticed he had bloodshot, watery eyes, according to the report.

A breathalyzer test revealed that the man had a .068 percent blood alcohol content, police reported.

The man failed several other field sobriety tests, police reported.

Officers brought him to the ASU Police Department, where he was cited and released, according to the report.

• Three female students and four male students were cited Oct. 1 on the 700 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of minor in consumption and minor in possession, according to a police report.

Officers noticed several beer bottles in a room in the Adelphi Commons when they responded to a call about a loud party, according to the report.

When police knocked, the room immediately became quiet and the guests hid in the bathroom and adjoining room, police reported.

Officers asked all the guests to step outside when the residents answered the door, according to the report.

The students told police they had been drinking and were underage, police reported.

Officers found more than six wine bottles and five beer cans in the room, according to the report.

All students were cited for minor in consumption and released, police reported.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu.

×