Man arrested on suspicion of failure to meet sex offender requirements

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 52-year-old man was arrested Monday on the 700 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of failure to meet sexual offender requirements, according to a police report.

A police investigation of the man revealed he was not in possession of valid state ID, which is required by law of all sex offenders, according to the report.

The man said he was aware of the law but lost his ID a month earlier, police reported.

He was booked and released, according to police.

• A 47-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday at East Apache Boulevard and South College Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The man was driving westbound on Apache Boulevard when police noticed him swerving onto the painted curb lane, according to the report.

Police pulled the man’s vehicle over and the officer smelled marijuana coming from the car, police reported.

A subsequent K-9 search of the vehicle revealed a small plastic baggie containing marijuana and a glass pipe with methamphetamine residue, according to the report.

He was booked and released, according to the report.

• A 42-year-old Tempe man was arrested Monday on the 1700 block of South Priest Street on suspicion of failing to appear in court and possession of marijuana, according to a police report.

A police investigation into a possible kidnapping report revealed the man had an outstanding warrant for his arrest, according to the report.

Police found marijuana on the man during a search, according to the report.

He was booked and held to see a judge, according to police.

Reports compiled by Nicholas Palomino Mendoza.

Reach the reporter at npmendo@asu.edu

×