Woman arrested on suspicion of trespassing into home while resident was on vacation

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 29-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Oct. 14 on the 1100 block of South Bonnie Lane on suspicion of criminal trespassing, according to a police report.

The woman lived in the house while the resident was on vacation for the weekend, police reported.

The tenant found the woman when he returned, according to the report.

The woman told the man she had trespassed through the back door and took his dog outside to use the bathroom while he was away, police reported.

A neighbor called the owner to tell him the woman was in his house, according to the report.

Police booked the woman into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 37-year-old Tempe man was arrested Oct. 11 at West University Drive and South Roosevelt Street on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.

The officer smelled alcohol in the man’s vehicle when he pulled the man over for making an improper left turn, police reported.

Police noticed the man had bloodshot watery eyes and used slurred speech, according to the report.

The man did several sobriety tests and had a .082 blood alcohol content, police reported.

The man told police he was “nervous” because he had been convicted of two previous DUI’s in 2008, according to the report.

Police brought the man to the “DUI van,” where he took another Breathalyzer test, which showed a .092 blood alcohol content, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×