Woman reports harassing phone calls from blocked number

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• Police are investigating several anonymous telephone calls from Sept. 25 to Oct. 3 to a 19-year-old female, according to a police report.The woman told police an unidentified caller made several harassing phone calls that included heavy breathing and “disgusting noises,” police reported.

The first blocked phone call lasted only 10 seconds and was followed by seven more calls throughout the next week, according to the report.

The woman called Verizon Wireless, her cell phone carrier, to request the phone number of the blocked caller, police reported.

Verizon Wireless employees told the woman they could not give her the information without a court order, according to the report.

There are no leads or suspects, police reported.

• A 24-year-old Tempe woman reported an assault by her co-worker on the 100 block of East University Drive on either Sept. 27 or Sept. 28, according to a police report.The woman, who works as a custodian at ASU, told police a male coworker grabbed her buttocks while the two were walking up stairs in Tower B during one of her shifts, according to the report.

The woman said the same man also attempted to reach his hand up her skirt while they were cleaning the next day, police reported.

She reportedly “smacked” his hand away after the man tried a second time, according to the report.

The man asked the woman to perform oral sex on him because he heard that she was messing around with other employees, police reported.

Police reported that the woman refused his advances, but did not want to press charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×