As college football comes to a close, let’s look back on this crazy year in the Pac-12.

USC started off the preseason ranked No. 1 in the nation, followed by Oregon at No. 5 and Stanford at No. 21. ASU was predicted to finish just above Colorado.

Who would have guessed USC would lose to Stanford in week three and then to UA?

Nobody could have predicted Washington defeating Stanford.

Even ASU starting the season 5-1 was a surprise. The Sun Devils then lost five straight before eventually becoming bowl eligible after a win over Washington State.

Nobody can forget about the dismal 2011 Oregon State team who finished at 3-9. The Beavers started off with upsets over then-No.13 Wisconsin and then-No. 19 UCLA in back-to-back games. Oregon State won its next four and now lies at No. 15 with an 8-2 record.

How about Washington, who handed the Beavers its first loss of the season? The Huskies are now No. 25 in the BCS with one game left.

Just ahead of them, the Wildcats who demolished then-No.18 Oklahoma State in week two, defeated Washington and then-No. 9 USC at home to get them to 7-4.

The 2012 Pac-12 football season is one for the ages and the 2013 season can’t come soon enough, so join me as I sit and wait for Aug. 31 of next year.

×