Intoxicated man climbs into woman’s apartment, falls asleep on couch

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday at an apartment complex on the 500 block of West Baseline Road on suspicion of criminal trespassing, according to a police report.

A female resident, who was asleep in her bedroom, woke up when she heard noise in the living room, police reported.

The woman saw the man stumbling through her second floor balcony door and onto the couch where he fell asleep, according to the report.

The woman locked herself in the bathroom and called police because she had never met the man, police reported.

When police arrived, the man was still asleep on the couch, according to the report.

He was too intoxicated to answer the officer’s questions after he was woken up, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 27-year-old Tempe man was arrested Saturday near Price Road and Granada Drive on suspicion of misconduct involving weapons and dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Police were investigating a shooting report at a CVS pharmacy on the 1700 block of East Broadway Road when they saw a car leave the parking lot, police reported.

Patrol units pulled the car over, and an officer noticed a black revolver gun underneath the passenger’s left, according to the report.

A search of the vehicle revealed four baggies containing black tar heroin, a baggie containing methamphetamine, a 3-inch clear glass pipe containing burnt methamphetamine residue and an empty baggie with black crosses on it, which is commonly used to carry narcotics, police reported.

The driver of the vehicle was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Nicholas Palomino Mendoza.

Reach the reporter at npmendo@asu.edu.

×