Letter: Sinema fights for students

In response to Hunter Moss’ Oct. 30 letter to the editor, “Kyrsten Sinema mocks ASU students.”

As a student intern for Kyrsten Sinema, I have seen her dedication to students and to ASU. Kyrsten supports funding for federal financial aid because she received the Pell Grant and Stafford Loans. I know for a fact that she will do what it takes to help students get to college.

It is sad to see that Mr. Moss failed to mention that he is part of the political consulting firm working for Vernon Parker. Mr. Parker has repeatedly snubbed students and their issues. First, by proposing major cuts to the U.S. Department of Education that would affect federal financial aid for students, as well as funding for public schools. Second, by refusing to show up to a Congressional District 9 forum to discuss issues important to students at ASU ––Kyrsten did.

As an ASU student, I take offense to the fact that another student would take something an ASU professor said so out of context for political gain. Kyrsten fought on behalf of students in the state Legislature and was a social worker for children in low-income areas. She cares about students and young people.

Samuel Cox

State Press reader

×