Man arrested after urinating in public

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 25-year-old Tempe man was arrested Saturday on the 900 block of West Baseline Road on suspicion of marijuana possession and public urination, according to a police report.

Officers arrested the man when they saw him urinating against a wall near the entrance of a building, police reported.

The man put his right hand in his pocket and refused to take it out when officers tried to take him into custody, according to the report

The man then jumped over a wall, police reported.

The officer grabbed the man’s left hand as he jumped the wall and saw the man attempt to throw something out of his pocket, according to the report.

Officers could smell a distinct odor of marijuana on the man when they handcuffed him, police reported.

Police found a baggie containing marijuana where the man threw the item out of his pocket, according to the report.

The man told police the baggie wasn’t his and he had smoked his marijuana earlier in the day, police reported.

The man was arrested, booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

A 33-year-old Tempe man was arrested Nov. 23 at Broadway and Rural roads on suspicion of dangerous drug possession, according to a police report.

Officers pulled the vehicle over when it made an improper right-hand turn, police reported.

The man was in the passenger’s seat when the driver was pulled over and arrested, according to the report.

The driver said she had been using methamphetamine and had drugs and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle, police reported.

The man said he was using methamphetamine earlier that day, according to the report.

A K-9 sniff revealed a small baggie of methamphetamines in the vehicle and in a black backpack the man had between his legs, police reported.

The man took full ownership of the drugs and said he had been using methamphetamine since he was 15 years old, according to the report.

The man was booked into the Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by Ana Ramirez.

Reach the reporter at amrami13@asu.edu

×