Man swinging bat outside IHOP had suspended license

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

A 32-year-old Tempe man was arrested Nov. 18 on the 200 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of carrying a suspended driver’s license, according to a police report.

Police were called to the IHOP restaurant after people saw an intoxicated man hitting items with a bat, police reported.

Officers noticed a strong odor of alcohol along with the man’s bloodshot eyes and told him to drop the bat, according to the report.

The man told police he was swinging the bat because he had a bad day and gave police his driver’s license, police reported.

Police asked the man if he knew his license was suspended, and the man said, “yes,” according to the report.

The man told police that the Mesa Police Department said it was OK for the man to keep a suspended license, police reported.

Police arrested the man on suspicion of possessing a suspended license and released him, according to the report.

A 25-year-old Tempe man was arrested Nov. 18 at Mill Avenue and Broadway Road on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.

An officer pulled the man over after his Ford Explorer made a left turn in the wrong lane, according to the report.

Police asked the man if he had been drinking and the man told police to arrest him for DUI, police reported.

The man said he did not want to be discriminated against and refused to take the sobriety test that police offered, according to the report.

Police brought the man to Southern Avenue for a Breathalyzer test, police reported.

The test showed the man to have a .110 blood alcohol concentration, police reported.

Police cited the man on suspicion of driving under the influence and released him to a cab driver, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×