Residence burglarized after roommates left keys in door

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

Police are investigating a burglary on Nov. 22 at the 600 block of East Apache Boulevard, according to a police report.

One of the roommates in the apartment heard the door unlock and open, but she thought it was another roommate, police reported.

When the roommate came out of her room, she noticed the TV, Xbox controllers and some DVDs were missing, according to the report.

Police later found the TV and Xbox controllers on the third floor of the apartment complex, police reported.

The roommates told police they left their keys in the lock, making it possible for the burglars to enter, according to the report.

The fourth roommate could not be contacted, because she was in Illinois over the break, police reported.

The total loss after some of the items were recovered is approximately $200, according to the report.

A 33-year-old Tempe man was arrested Nov. 21 on 43rd Avenue on suspicion of driving under the influence and not having current car registration, according to a police report.

An officer saw the man’s Dodge car weaving between lanes westbound on Thunderbird Road, police reported.

Police pulled the man over after finding his plates were expired, according to the report.

The man told police he had two beers and lived nearby, police reported.

The man took a Breathalyzer test and had a .143 blood alcohol concentration, according to the report.

Police arrested the man and called his wife to come pick up his car, police reported.

Police brought the man to the Phoenix Police Department, where he was cited, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×