The Campus Closet: A Trendsetting Thursday

Featured fashion designer Brittany Barbee. Photo courtesy of rawartist.org.

RAWards spotlights local fashions and designers. Photo courtesy of RAW: natural born artists.

Raw Artist is an independent organization created for artists by artists. Their mission is to help provide talented new artists within the first 10 years of their career, giving them the tools and resources needed to be successful.

Raw supports all genres of art including fashion, hair and make-up. They have events in 54 different states including an award show hosted once a year to find the best local artist of each genre.

The winner of the local award goes on to compete in Los Angeles in January in the RAWards national competition. The winner of this will receive career boosting opportunities and exposure to world renowned names.

Featured fashion designer Brittany Barbee. Photo courtesy of RAW: natural born artists

This Thursday night the semi-final "RAWards" will be hosted at Martini Ranch in Old Town Scottsdale. The categories include film, music, visual art, photography, make-up, hair, accessories and fashion.

Local fashion designer nominees include: Cassouki, Cody Nathaniel Johnson, Amir Arsalan , Collections by Collins and Brittany Barbee. Their styles are all unique and different — from bikinis to men's clothing. It will be interesting to see what all of these local names bring to the table in the heat of a competition.

All attending the RAWards on Thursday night will be voting, along with a panel of judges. The address of Martini Ranch is 7295 East Stenson Drive in Scottsdale, Ariz. The event starts at 7 p.m.

Click here for more information on each individual artist competing Thursday night.

With any story ideas contact me at gmnelson@asu.edu

×