Woman filed report after being sexually assaulted

ASU Police reported the following incident Monday:

ASU Police filed a report against a Phoenix man on suspicion of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old female on Nov. 4 at the 100 block of East Taylor Street, according to a police report.

The woman met with police after seeing ASU counseling services and told them that she had been raped in her dorm room at Taylor Place, police reported.

The woman went to the fourth floor lobby to talk with some friends who had returned from a party, according to the report.

The man came into her unlocked room and was watching TV while she washed her face, police reported.

They were both sitting on her bed when the man began rubbing her leg, according to the report.

The woman told police they were tickling each other and kissing when the man pulled his pants down, police reported.

The woman told the man she didn’t want to have intercourse but the man didn’t listen, according to the report.

Police reported that the sexual encounter lasted approximately 20 minutes.

The woman went to the man’s room to confront him because she felt “disgusted and disrespected,” according to the report.

The woman told police she thinks she contracted a sexually transmitted disease from the man, police reported.

The man was intoxicated during the incident, but the woman was not, according to the report.

The woman does not want to press charges against the man but wants to “scare” him, police reported.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×