Woman ran from man suspected of public masturbation

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

Police are investigating a man on suspicion of indecent exposure and public masturbation on Nov. 7 on the 300 block of East Orange Mall, according to a police report.

Police responded to a call from a 28-year-old Tempe woman who witnessed the incident, police reported.

The woman told police she was studying at Sparky’s Den in the Memorial Union when a man sat about 10-15 feet from her, according to the report.

The woman initially saw the man eating food and reading a newspaper, police reported.

An hour later she noticed his pants were down, according to the report.

The man was swinging his legs open and closed and was masturbating, police reported.Officers surrounded the MU after the woman called police, but they did not find the man, police reported.

The woman described the man as a white male approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and 60-65 years old, according to the report.

Police are investigating a broken window on Thursday on the 1200 block of South McAllister Avenue, according to a police report.

Police arrived after a facilities maintenance worker noticed the shattered window on the second story at the Hassayampa Academic Village, police reported.

Residents told police they heard a loud bang from outside and saw that their window was shattered, according to the report.

The inside window was not broken because it was double paned, police reported.The area was blocked off with caution tape and police found a large rock outside, but are not sure if it was the rock used to break the window, according to the report.

Police estimate the window will cost approximately $4,000 to repair, police reported.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×