Man grabbed woman’s bag, causing red marks on her neck

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 27-year-old Tempe man was arrested Friday on the 500 block of East University Drive on suspicion of assault, according to a police report.

Police arrived at the Physical Science Building in the H wing after receiving a call about a couple fighting, police reported.

A witness told police she was walking on University Drive approximately 80 yards away from the couple when she saw the man grab the woman’s handbag, causing the woman’s infant son to cry, according to the report.

The woman was walking from Campus Pointe apartments when her boyfriend of three years approached her, police reported.

The man grabbed the woman’s handbag and pulled her hoodie sweatshirt, causing red marks on her neck, according to the report.

Police smelled alcohol on the woman’s breath, police reported.

She had two misdemeanor warrants from the Tempe Police Department, according to the report

Police did not arrest the woman because she was with her son, police reported.

The woman, who used to live with the man, told police the man would try to kill her if she left him, according to the report.

The man told police the woman was at his apartment and he offered to walk her home, police reported.

The woman told the man she had been cheating on him at his apartment while he was at work, according to the report.

The man said he asked the woman for his apartment key back, and he grabbed her bag when she refused, police reported.

Police arrested the man on suspicion of assault and booked him into the 4th Avenue Jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×