Grub Hub: Welcome to the Menu

Photo courtesy Rhiannon Dysart
Photo courtesy Rhiannon Dysart

Happy Tuesday all of my fellow eaters!! I hope that everyone is super psyched to be back to the daily grind, although I will honestly say I am very, very unhappy about it! I'll try not to be a bitter grape about it though, and maybe I can try to be somewhat pleasant to all of you wonderful readers!

I'm sure you are all dying to know about the wonderful personality that is me, so I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Rhiannon

Photo courtesy Rhiannon Dysart Photo courtesy Rhiannon Dysart

(Yes, I am a Fleetwood Mac fan; No, I do not frequently get into scuffles with Chris Brown). I am a biology and political science major, graduating this May (be excited for me!), and I'm really passionate about life in general, but especially food.

I love food. I love eating it, I love pretending I can cook it. I even love going out and enjoying a masterpiece someone else made. However, I would also like to point out that I am a full-time college student, a full-time spa employee, and a full-time friend/girlfriend/sister/daughter. That means I spend a whole lot of time doing a whole lot of things, and to be honest, sometimes eating (right) gets difficult. Eating out every day is expensive (and usually unhealthy), and eating in every day is time-consuming (and usually unhealthy as well, due to my extreme love of bacon and cookies). So what's a girl or guy to do?! There really is just SOMETHING about food. We need it to survive, sure, but it's just so much more than that. We use it as an excuse to socialize, for some it has ethical or religious implications, and even for others it may be a constant struggle between what we should eat, and what we do.

I wish that I could tell you that I was a perfect model when it came to food, that I knew how to get the best bargains for the best food, how to cook up a storm, and how to eat right without suffering from a loss of flavor, but I don't. This blog is a journey, it's finding out how what works for some may not work for others, and trying to find the best way to eat the best you can for you, and for me (YAY!). My goal is to explore new diets, new recipes, new restaurants, and to share the whole journey with all of you! So tuck in your napkins, and let’s get to it!

What’s eating you? Contact me at rtdysart@asu.edu or find me on twitter @rhi_fresh

×