iPad Mini stolen from classroom

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

Police are investigating the theft of an iPad Mini from the 6000 block of South Backus Mall on Jan. 22, according to a police report.

The iPad's owner last saw his tablet while attending class in room 134 of the Agribusiness Center, police reported.

He briefly left it to go to the Academic Center, and it was gone when he returned, according to the report.

The stolen iPad Mini is believed to be valued at more than $800, police reported.

A 24-year-old man was arrested Saturday on the 800 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of extreme driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

An ASU Police officer on patrol in a nearby parking lot observed a white truck attempting to jump a curb, police reported.

The man reversed the truck into a parking space, where the officer had him step out of the vehicle, according to the report.

The officer smelled alcohol on the man and saw vomit on the front of his clothes, police reported.

After several minutes of fumbling with his wallet, the man claimed he had lost his license, but the officer was able to point out the license in his wallet immediately, according to the report.

The officer found that the man's license had been suspended, police reported.

He failed several sobriety tests and registered a .173 blood alcohol content, according to the report.

The man's vehicle was secured and he was taken to jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by Randsom Rockliffe.

Reach the reporter at rrocklif@asu.edu

×