Letter: Younger generation needs to become politically active

In response to the Jan. 27 letter to the editor, "Leaders need to attract Arizona's best students":

I had never heard of this report until this letter was published in The State Press, and I believe the Arizona We Want 2.0 plan is crucial to the youth and therefore wanted to bring further awareness towards this issue. Our leaders are disproportionately placing burdens on the youth, because the youth does not vote with the same veracity as does older generations. Your voice only matters if you show up at the polls. I believe the Arizona We Want 2.0 plan is a much needed wake-up call for the generation I am a part of. We need to become active in the debate about federal government spending, we need to understand how Obamacare (the Affordable Care Act) will affect us, and we need to demand that our future is as bright as the generation above ours. The Arizona We Want 2.0 outlines the way that Arizona can obtain an environment that is conducive to the youth, and it is now up to us, as the youth, to demand action.

Bailey Hutz

Reader

×