Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 20-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Wednesday on East Sixth Street and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers approached the man after seeing him riding his bike on the sidewalk and on the wrong side of the street, police reported.

The man told the officers he had marijuana and a pipe to smoke it, according to the report.

A search revealed two bags of marijuana and a purple pipe in the right front pocket of his pants, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

•  

• A 50-year-old Mexican woman was arrested Thursday on the 1300 block of West Elliot Road on suspicion of giving police false information and possessing forged identification and Social Security cards, according to a police report.

A bank clerk contacted police after the woman attempted to cash a check with an Arizona driver's license that looked fake, police reported.

Officers approached the woman, and she showed them the license and said it was hers, according to the report.

The name on the license belonged to a 26-year-old woman and the license number belonged to a 70-year-old woman, police reported.

The woman showed the officers a Mexican ID and told them she had bought the fake Arizona license three years before for $300, according to the report.

Officers also discovered a false Social Security card with the same name as the license, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu

×