Man arrested on suspicion of drug possession after fleeing from police

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 30-year-old Mesa man was arrested Jan.12 on the 900 block of East Broadway Road on suspicion of criminal trespassing, providing false information to police, escaping from police custody, narcotic drug possession and an outstanding arrest warrant, according to a police report.

Officers were dispatched to a Safeway grocery store because the man was "doing drugs" in the bathroom, police reported.

When police arrived, an employee recognized the man because the store had issued a trespassing warning for him on an earlier date, according to the report.

After the police detained the man in the parking lot, he ran away from the officers, police reported.

When police caught the man, they searched him and found heroin in his wallet, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

•  
  • A 31-year-old man was arrested Jan. 13 on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of dangerous drug and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Officers stopped the man after he illegally crossed the road, police reported.

The man told police he had an airsoft pistol in his possession and gave the gun to officers, according to the report.

Police found methamphetamine and marijuana in the man's pockets when they searched him for identification, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the reporter at sgslade@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

×