Sex offender falsely reports to police

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 27-year-old man was arrested Jan. 6 at East Apache Boulevard and South Dorsey Lane on suspicion of false reporting to law enforcement, failure to carry sex offender identification and two outstanding arrest warrants, according to a police report.

Officers stopped the man after he crossed the street illegally on his way to the Metro Light Rail station, police reported

When police asked the man for his identification, he told the officer he had none, but offered police his name and age, according to the report.

When the officers questioned the man, he gave them a different name and changed his age several times before telling officers his real name and age, police reported.

Police then ran a background check of his name and found that he was a registered sex offender, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

•  

• A 28-year-old man was arrested Jan. 6 on the 200 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of public urination and narcotic drug possession, according to police.

The man apologized to the officers when they saw him, police reported.

Later, the officers walked with the man to his car and he attempted to hide something in his car, according to the report.

Police searched the man's vehicle and found narcotics, police reported.

The man was then transported to Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

•  

• A 39-year-old man was arrested Jan. 6 on the 1000 block of North Scottsdale Road on suspicion of narcotic drug and paraphernalia possession and two outstanding arrest warrants, according to a police report.

Police stopped the man's car because it had a cracked windshield, according to the report. When officers approached, they saw the man holding an item close to his leg, police reported.

The officers searched the vehicle and found narcotic drugs and new syringes, according to police.

The man arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the reporter at sgslade@asu.edu or follow her @shelbygslade

×