Woman spits on physician’s assistant

The woman had damaged a call button at Tempe St. Luke's Hospital earlier in the night.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

A 28-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Wednesday on the 1500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of aggravated assault and criminal damage, according to a police report.

The woman was being held in the Tempe St. Luke's Hospital emergency room when she damaged the wires to a call button inside room 11, police reported.

When Tempe Police arrived, officers saw the woman curse at a physician's assistant and spit in her face, according to the report.

The doctor’s assistant and the hospital are both willing to aid in prosecuting the woman, police reported.

Police transported the woman to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A Phoenix man was arrested Dec. 31 on the 2500 block of West Southern Avenue on suspicion of criminal damage, disorderly conduct and aggravated assault of a police officer, according to a police report.

Bank employees and an ATM camera caught the man shattering the screen of a Chase Bank ATM after kicking it late in the afternoon, police reported.

The man kicked an arresting officer in the leg, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was cited in lieu of detention and booked in the Maricopa County Jail, police reported.

A 32-year-old Mesa man was arrested Dec. 31 at West Third Street and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Police found a metallic smoking pipe containing burnt marijuana residue in the man's front right pants pocket, police reported.

The man said he had marijuana in his sock after the officer found the pipe, according to the report.

Police removed the marijuana, which was wrapped in a dollar bill, from the man’s sock, police reported.

A warrant background check revealed an outstanding Mesa City Court warrant for the man, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Julia Shumway and Shawn Raymundo.

Reach the news editors at julia.shumway@asu.edu and sraymund@asu.edu.

×