Snider provides affordable services for musicians

Freshman theater major Will Snider started his own audio recording studio, Snider Audio Productions, with the goal of provided affordable services to students and undiscovered artists. (Photo by Abhiram Chandrashaker)

Freshman theater major Will Snider started his own audio recording studio, Snider Audio Productions, with the goal of provided affordable services to students and undiscovered artists. (Photo by Abhiram Chandrashaker) Freshman theater major Will Snider started his own audio recording studio, Snider Audio Productions, with the goal of provided affordable services to students and undiscovered artists. (Photo by Abhiram Chandrashaker)

For student artists, recording demo tapes and CDs comes at a high cost, but one student is looking to change that.

Freshman theater major Will Snider started his own sole proprietorship, Snider Audio Productions, an audio recording studio that is focuses on providing affordable services for students and undiscovered artists.

Snider Audio Productions started with a realization.

"Some professions don’t make as much money as others, so it makes those expensive things harder to get,” Snider said.

The high costs of making a CD or demo started Snider Audio Productions. Snider wanted to start a company that made CDs and demos for students, undiscovered artists and anyone that wants to record at a low price.

“I would make a profit barely, but the musicians would get everything they need,” he said.

Snider started out as a finance major at W.P. Carey. He wanted to do something in the business of the arts. The problem was that he did not connect with the business people, and there was a small outlet for business of the arts, he said. Snider felt that it would be a better option to focus on the arts first and learn business later, so he changed majors to theater.

Snider said he is constantly told that he cannot build a business, because he doesn’t have the formal business education. What makes him stand out, however, is that he has extensive experience in recording audio and has a background working with musicians.

Snider Audio Productions is in its start-up phase, doing small-scale projects, he said. The company is offering services such as recording performances for theaters at a low cost.

“I’m doing small jobs, so I can build a clientele and also make enough money to buy equipment,” he said.

Snider would like to slowly keep getting more and more business to be able to afford more equipment. But, that’s not enough. That is where indiegogo.com comes in, he said.

“The beauty of indiegogo.com is that it provides marketing as well as fundraising,” Snider said.

Snider hopes to get Snider Audio Productions’s name out there.

“People checking out the page on indiegogo.com will be able contribute to the business," he said. "There are several deals on recording tracks: The more you donate, the more you get.”

When Snider has the money, he will first pay for an official logo, then focus on paying for equipment.

“The purpose of Snider Audio Productions, is to keep the arts alive,” he said. “I believe what truly kills musicians’ ambitions is when they aren’t able to afford the prices required to get their music out there for the public.”

Snider guarantees that recordings with Snider Audio Productions will be inexpensive.

“And if they can’t afford, I will make it affordable," he said. "I deal in favors, as much as money. I will work with artists in any way necessary to get their album out.”

Reach the reporter at tyler.verti@asu.edu.

×