Devil Dish: Enjoy sports while they last

There are two very good times of year in sports.

October has its merits. Basketball and hockey are starting their seasons, and baseball is at its postseason peak. Of course, glorious football is in full swing.

In October, we’re spoiled. We know we have all winter ahead of us to try and make our fantasy football playoffs, pick the best dunk of the year, complain about undeserving players making the NBA All-Star Game and finally try and get into hockey.

But there is just something about March and April that seems to top that — the precious buzzer beaters and hockey fights.

However, when it gets to be Easter time, you know there isn’t much these moments and that you must savor them because they will all be gone in a few months.

All we will have left is the dog days of baseball season and the WNBA.

Spring for a sports fan is like the last days before hibernation for a bear. You have to gather up all the figurative berries you can because you aren’t going to get to eat for four months.

So if you’re bracket is busted, let it go. If you’re team is probably not going to get that No. 8 playoff spot, so be it.

Just like the immortal words of Billy Madison tell us, "For the love of God, cherish it."

Reach the reporter at mklau@asu.edu

×