Man buys alcohol with fake ID

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

A 19-year-old man was arrested March 18 at South College Avenue and East University Drive on suspicion of consuming alcohol as a minor and possessing a fictitious driver’s license, according to a police report.

A woman contacted police after the man tried to enter her vehicle without permission, police reported.

When police arrived, they found the man outside of Subway, according to the report.

The man handed the officers a Pennsylvania driver’s license with a birthdate of June 7, 1990, police reported. A check revealed that the man was 19 and had a suspended California driver’s license, police reported.

The man told police he had used the Pennsylvania license to buy Sam Adams beer and shots of Captain Morgan rum at Bad Mother Cluckers, according to the report.

Police noticed the man had bloodshot and watery eyes, had trouble walking and had alcohol on his breath, police reported.

A records check revealed that the man was permanently banned from residing and entering ASU residential property, according to the report.

The man was transported to the ASU Police Department and held for questioning, police reported.

Officers placed the man in a holding cell and asked if they could ask him some questions, according to the report. He said yes while crying into his hands, police reported.

When the man stopped crying, he told the officer he purchased the fake license about a year and half ago for $100, police reported.

A 71-year-old man’s vehicle was damaged sometime between March 18 and Tuesday on the 400 block of East Veterans Way, according to a police report.

The man parked his tan 2003 Chrysler Sebring convertible at the northwest corner of the first level of Parking Structure 5 the evening of March 18, police reported.

When the man returned to his vehicle on Tuesday morning, his windshield was broken, according to the report.

Police believe a person may have thrown a river rock the size of a basketball at the center of the windshield, police reported. This left shards of glass on top of the car roof and on the dashboard inside, police reported.

There were no other signs of damage to the vehicle, and the estimated loss is about $300, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu or follow him @shawnfvraymundo

×