Best of West 2013

westbanner

BBQ

BEST MUSIC STORE & BEST PLACE TO HEAR MUSIC Zia Records

2510 W. Thunderbird Road Phoenix 85023 (602) 866-7867

M-Su 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.

Not only does Zia Records showcase the best in affordable music on vinyl, cassette and CD, the shop is also a staple for music fans around Arizona. Discover your new favorite artist by browsing a lesser-known genre; Zia’s chock full of obscure music categories. Short on cash? Grab some old CDs accumulating dust in that box in your garage and sell or trade ‘em in for something different. Sometimes you can even catch artist signings and shows here too.

BEST PIZZA Humble Pie

3890 W. Happy Valley Road Glendale, 85310 (623) 580-4300

M-Sa 11 a.m.–10 p.m. Su 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Lucky for West Valley residents, Humble Pie recently expanded into Glendale last year after making a name for itself as a great local spot on the East side. The pizza is nearly always perfectly cooked and goes great with a side of pasta or a salad. Plus, they’ve got Four Peaks on tap — nothing is better than cool a glass of Kiltlifter with a slice of Humble Pie.

BEST HOT DOGS Joey's of Chicago

6738 W. Bell Rd. Glendale, AZ 85308 (623) 334-8580

M-Thu 10:30 a.m.–9 p.m. F-Sa 10:30 a.m.–10 p.m. Su 11 a.m.–8 p.m.

At this hot dog spot you can have Chicagostyle without the bitter Chicago-cold. (Hot dogs are for hot weather, right?) We recommend the Chili Dog All Beef Vienna because if you go for a hot dog, you have to really go for one. Warning: With all the fixings, you might feel temporarily placed right in the Windy City.

otaku

×