This is my last Devil Dish for The State Press.

Over the last two years, I have been part of one of the greatest student newspapers in country.

I have really enjoyed this part of the job. I get 200 words to pretty much talk about anything that I want.

So for the last words I have, I would like to thank those who I have worked with at the student paper.

First, I must address the ASU student athletes and coaches. There was never a time when any player or coach treated me with disrespect and never looked at me as simply a student reporter. I will never forget the relationships that I formed with some of best athletes and people in the country.

The same also goes for the members of media relations that I worked with in ASU athletics. They were always helpful for anything that I needed.

I have a ton of respect for peers and mentors at The State Press who I've worked under for two years. The students that have worked before and that will come after me will do amazing things in journalism.

Lastly, I would like to thank the readers. I have seen it as a privilege to inform students, faculty and any person that stumbles on to statepress.com about ASU sports.

Without you, the readers, I would not be doing what I love doing. So I greatly appreciate that.

Reach the columnist at ehubbard@asu.edu or follor him on Twitter @AZSportsHUB

×