Hey, everyone, it’s Holly.  So, finals are upon us already and another semester has gone by ridiculously quickly. As we get ready to say goodbye to friends and hello to our parents and summer jobs, we here at Sparky’s Quill want to leave you with a sentimental goodbye and our favorite historical Internet memes. I just want to say thank you to everyone who read our blog this semester and how grateful I am for being able to have this opportunity. I’ll be interning at the Museum of Tolerance back home in Los Angeles this summer and testing the waters before I jump into the field of Public History. I’ll be reading “Killing Lincoln” and “Game of Thrones” and immersing myself even further in the world of history (and fantasy).

He doesn’t even go here. Photo courtesy Tumblr He doesn’t even go here. Photo courtesy Tumblr

Photo courtesy Tumblr Photo courtesy Tumblr

It’s from the History Channel. It counts. Photo courtesy Tumblr It’s from the History Channel. It counts. Photo courtesy Tumblr

Hey, y’all, or goodbye y’all I should say. It’s Tom. It has been a fun semester writing about history and visiting some neat historical places. I hope you learned and laughed from our posts. This summer I will also be interning at the Museum of Tolerance in L.A. where I hope to further my development in the museum field. That means this Philly kid will take on Los Angeles this summer. My summer reads include lots of Stephen King novels, “Killing Lincoln,” and “This Book Is Full Of Spiders: Seriously Dude Don’t Touch It.” Yes, that is an actual book. If Stephen King and Douglas Adams wrote a book together, that would be it. Anyway, I hope you continue to find history relevant and interesting in your lives.  I leave you now with the real Napoleon Bonaparte.

GPOY GPOY. Photo courtesy Tumblr

Want to keep talking history? Feel free to email us at sparkyquill@gmail.com or find us on Twitter @sparkysquill!

×