Police: Father, stepson arrested after fight over stepson watching porn

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 47-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sept. 7 on suspicion of assault with intent to injure as well as marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Police were called after the man got into a fight with his stepson, the report said.

Police said the two began fighting following a dispute about the stepson watching pornography on his mother’s phone.

The two exchanged blows, leaving the man with lacerations on his face and abrasions on the stepson’s arm, according to police.

Police reported while searching the man they found a small tin can with marijuana inside.

The man said a transient in Phoenix who he did not know gave him the marijuana, and that he was going to use it to help control his pain, police said.

Neither men gave similar stories when questioned, and because there were no independent witnesses, both were transported to Tempe City Jail, where they were booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

•  
  • A 44-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Sept. 8 on the 700 block of East Granada Drive on suspicion of drug paraphernalia and dangerous drug possession, being a fugitive from justice and taking contraband into a correctional facility, according to a police report.

Officers first contacted the woman at her home while conducting a welfare and warrant check, the report said.

According to police, the woman had three outstanding warrants.

When officers arrested the woman, they searched her and then took her to jail for the outstanding warrants, the report said.

A secondary search at the prison found a small clear vial that contained crystal meth, and a three-inch long white pipe, police said.

The arresting officer reported previously asking the woman if she had anything else illegal on her before taking her to jail.

She was booked at Tempe City Jail and held, according to police.

Reports compiled by Mark Remillard.

Reach the reporter at mark.remillard@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @markjremillard

×