Pac-12 Power Rankings: ASU remains on top

Redshirt Junior defensive end Carl Bradford and graduate defensive end Davon Coleman celebrate after defeating the Wildcats. The Sun Devils will play Stanford in the Pac-12 South Championship. (Photo by Diana Lustig)

Redshirt Junior defensive end Carl Bradford and graduate defensive end Davon Coleman celebrate after defeating the Wildcats. The Sun Devils will play Stanford in the Pac-12 South Championship. (Photo by Diana Lustig) Redshirt Junior defensive end Carl Bradford and graduate defensive end Davon Coleman celebrate after defeating the Wildcats. The Sun Devils will play Stanford in the Pac-12 South Championship. (Photo by Diana Lustig)

Four of the five home teams, including ASU, won their rivalry games Saturday. Here are the final regular season Pac-12 power rankings:

1(1). ASU (10-2, 8-1 Pac-12) – The Sun Devils trounced UA 58-21 and dominated all aspects of the game. Sophomore running back D. J. Foster ran for 126 yards and two touchdowns in place of an injured Marion Grice. With the victory, the Sun Devils will face Stanford at Sun Devil Stadium, where they are 7-0 this season, for the chance to go to the Rose Bowl.

2(2). Stanford (10-2, 7-2) – The Cardinal picked up a hard-fought win over Notre Dame to close their regular season. Senior running back Tyler Gaffney ran for 189 yards in the victory. All that separates the Cardinal now from their second consecutive Rose Bowl appearance is next Saturday’s Pac-12 title game against ASU.

3(3). Oregon (10-2, 7-2) – It took the Ducks everything they had to win the Civil War. Maybe the Ducks aren’t the elite team many thought, but a 10-win season is nothing to complain about. There was also a nice performance by senior receiver Josh Huff, who had 186 yards and three touchdowns, including the game-winner with 29 seconds remaining.

4(5). UCLA (9-3, 6-3) – The Bruins took it to their crosstown rivals, avenging last week’s loss to ASU by beating USC 35-14. Redshirt sophomore quarterback Brett Hundley ran for two scores and the Bruins defense forced two interceptions in the victory.

5(4). USC (9-4, 6-3) – The Trojans wanted to make one final statement in 2013, but a 21-point home loss wasn’t the one they wanted to make. The Trojans just couldn’t keep up with UCLA and fell short of a 10-win regular season. The loss also snapped the Trojans’ five-game winning streak.

6(7). UW (8-4, 5-4) – Huskies fans should feel a lot better about the 2013 season after the past two weeks. Senior quarterback Keith Price and company avenged last year’s Apple Cup loss, defeating WSU 27-17. Junior running back Bishop Sankey ran for 200 yards and a touchdown in potentially his last collegiate home game.

7(9). OSU (6-6, 4-5) – A lot of what-ifs for the Beavers after falling to Oregon. They made it more interesting than everyone thought but still fell to the Ducks by a point. Mike Riley’s team finished the season with five straight losses and an opening game loss to FCS powerhouse Eastern Washington.

8(8). WSU (6-6, 4-5) – As successful as this season has been for the Cougars, the loss to UW stings worse than anything. Junior quarterback Connor Halliday had a chance to give the Cougars the lead late in the fourth quarter but threw an interception to seal the Huskies' win. Still, the Cougars will most likely go bowling for the first time since 2003.

9(6). UA (7-5, 4-5) – What a difference a week makes. The Wildcats were never really in it against the Sun Devils and gave up 58 points just one week after allowing 16 points to Oregon. The Wildcats go into bowl season with a sour taste in their mouths for the second consecutive year.

10(10). Utah (5-7, 2-7) – The Utes jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead against Colorado and picked up their fifth win of the season. Senior running back Kelvin York ran for 132 yards and two touchdowns while the Utes' defense held Buffaloes junior receiver Paul Richardson to 54 yards and no touchdowns.

11(11). Colorado (4-8, 1-8) – The Buffaloes couldn’t overcome an early three-touchdown deficit to Utah and fell 24-17. Still, many positives to point at in coach Mike MacIntyre’s first season, including upping the win total from one last season to four this season.

12(12). California (1-11, 0-9) – The Golden Bears finished their season last week with a 63-13 loss to Stanford, ending Sonny Dykes’s first season as head coach with no conference wins.

Reach the reporter at dsshapi1@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @DsShapi

×