7 student discounts for Tempe

Whether you’re a sports fanatic, movie buff or fine arts connoisseur, there’s a student discount out there for you to take advantage of.

Phoenix Zoo

Most people enjoy seeing a variety of exotic animals at the Phoenix Zoo. Students can receive a $3 discount for regular admission prices, and there are often discounts available for various special events, such as Zoo Lights.

Harkins Theatres Student Tickets

Everyone knows how expensive a simple trip to the movies can be. However, Harkins has eased the costs a bit for the always cash-strapped college student. At Tempe Marketplace, those with a valid ID can get $2.50 off their regular price ticket any day after 6 p.m. So go ahead and upgrade to a large popcorn this time.

Dave & Buster’s Buy $10, Get $10

Combining the atmosphere of a sports bar and the pure fun of an arcade, Dave & Buster’s is a hot spot for college kids. On Thursdays, ASU students can use their ID at the Tempe Marketplace location to get $10 worth of game play free when they buy $10.

Phoenix Coyotes Student Rush

If you happen to be more into hockey than hoops, the Coyotes also have a great deal for students. The best available seats for non-premium, Monday through Wednesday games are only $25 for students with a valid ID. The line for these tickets starts one hour before the game. The next available game is Jan. 28 against the L.A. Kings.

Phoenix Symphony Student Rush

For those who would rather listen to an orchestra than a crowd chanting “Defense,” the Phoenix Symphony is a wonderful choice. Students can head to the box office one hour before the concert starts, show their ID and get tickets for only $11.50. It’s hard to find a better deal than that.

As You Wish Student Pricing

Anyone who enjoys a hands-on activity can surely enjoy creating and painting their own pottery at As You Wish in Tempe Marketplace. Students who show their ASU ID can get 50 percent off one session.

ASU Gammage Student Rush

The Gammage is a mark of pride for any Sun Devil, and a great place for students to see some of the biggest plays in the country. ASU students can get 50 percent off the original ticket price at the box office the day of the show. This is your chance to check out plays like “The Wizard of Oz” or “Once.”

Reach this reporter at kmmcnern@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @KaseyMcNerney

×