ASU football releases 2014 schedule, hosts UCLA, Stanford

Todd Graham and the ASU football team will have several uncertainties to settle heading into next season. One thing that is set, however, is their schedule, as the Sun Devils released their 2014 schedule on Wednesday.

The Sun Devils open the season on Aug. 28 against FCS foe Weber State before traveling to New Mexico on Sept. 6.

ASU hosts Notre Dame on Nov. 8, which will be a rematch of the Shamrock Series game in Arlington, Texas, last October that the Fighting Irish won 37-34. The game was originally scheduled for Oct. 25, but an agreement between the schools in June moved the game to November while cancelling the 2017 match at Notre Dame.

The Sun Devils’ toughest stretch initially appears to be from late September to late October. ASU hosts UCLA — which retains redshirt sophomore quarterback Brett Hundley — on Sept. 25, then travels to USC on Oct. 4. The Sun Devils have a bye on Oct. 11 before facing defending Pac-12 champion Stanford at home on Oct. 18. ASU wraps that stretch at Washington on Oct. 25.

The Sun Devils end their season with their annual Territorial Cup rivalry game against UA on Friday, Nov. 28. The Pac-12 Football Championship Game, which ASU hosted last year, is slated for Friday, Dec. 5.

ASU will not face Oregon and California for the second straight year due to the Pac-12 schedule rotation. The Sun Devils will play both teams in 2015 while missing Washington State and Oregon State.

Despite having one of the toughest schedules in the nation last year, ASU finished the 2013 campaign 10-4 (8-2 Pac-12). The Sun Devils, however, lose 13 starters to graduation, including running back Marion Grice and defensive tackle Will Sutton. Redshirt junior linebacker Carl Bradford has yet to make a decision on his NFL Draft status, as the deadline to declare is Jan. 15.

Here’s the full schedule:

Aug. 28 - Weber State (Thursday)

Sept. 6 - at New Mexico

Sept. 13 - at Colorado

Sept. 20 - Bye

Sept. 25 - UCLA (Thursday)

Oct. 4 - at USC

Oct. 11 - Bye

Oct. 18 - Stanford

Oct. 25 - at Washington

Nov. 1 - Utah

Nov. 8 - Notre Dame

Nov. 15 - at Oregon State

Nov. 22 - Washington State

Nov. 28 - at UA (Friday)

Reach the reporter at jnacion@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @Josh_Nacion.

×