Literally Speaking: Beginning Again

mariebanner

Right now, I'm in the middle of four books: "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak, "Divergent" by Veronica Roth, "Tell the Wolves I'mimage Home" by Carol Rifka Brunt, and the Bible.

Literally speaking (see what I did there?), this is the usual. Over winter break, I had an eye-opening conversation with one of my dearest friends about reading. We discussed how as we get older and have more responsibilities, there are two states of reading: being in the middle of a book or dropping it completely.

This is our case, at least. I often do finish books, but 80 percent of the time, I end up forgetting it or putting it aside for later.

I don't mean for this to be a sad story about becoming too busy for the things you love, but to show instead that there is always something new to learn and discover about literary habits and the reading world.

Books and literature are constantly changing and new authors and media emerge from the woodwork every day.

This semester, my second semester of writing this blog, I hope to share with you some of these new and exciting literary endeavors. I will share some of my favorite new spoken word poetry and discuss up and coming writers and authors. I also hope to talk a bit about more international literature in this society of growing globalization. Yeah, it's the political science major in me.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the ride with me!

Want to start reading "Literally Speaking" from the very beginning? See my first post here! Also, read the article I wrote about fanfiction here!

You can reach me at arabusa@asu.edu or on Twitter @marie_eo.

×