Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 32-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Jan. 12 on South 52nd Street and West 14th Street on suspicion of having an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.Officers contacted the woman after seeing her walking along the sidewalk with her eyes closed, the report said. The woman walked out into traffic on 52nd Street, police said.A records check revealed the woman had a Superior Court warrant, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 40-year-old man was arrested Jan. 11 on the 1700 block of West Ruby Road on suspicion of discharging a firearm in the city, according to a police report.The man was contacted as part of an armed robbery investigation, police said.The man said he had fired a Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun straight up in the air behind a business in an attempt to scare the person who had robbed the business, according to the report.The owners of the business next door, which was full of customers at the time, called police when they heard the gun, the report said.

The man told police he did not know it was a crime to discharge a gun in the city and that he was simply trying to “scare” the robber, according to the report.

Officers could not locate the fired round, the report said.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @dpalomabp

×